On this week's episode of the Blogged Podcast, we talk with Jillian Leslie to take a deep dive into website popups as well as some tips and tricks for using them to grow your audience and social media following. We answer questions like, "Do popups really work?" "Will they slow down my site?" "Are there any ideal settings when it comes to popup timing and frequency?"
Then we dive into the MiloTree App, which is an amazing popup plugin that you can use to harness you website traffic and convert it into loyal followers on social media. Jillian also shares some of her best tips for growing a following on social.
Jillian and her husband David are the founders of Catch My Party, which is the largest party ideas site on the web. They are also the creators of the MiloTree popup plugin. In 2014, they designed and built a smart pop-up for their first business, Catch My Party, to grow their social media followers, and it worked better than they could have expected, so they decided to launch it as a separate business called MiloTree.
Click here to pin this episode for later.
Find your blogger community!
Become a My Haute Society Member HERE
What we cover:
- What led Jillian to create the MiloTree app and a little bit about what the app is and how bloggers can use it
- What type of sites the Milotree plugin works on and which social profiles you can use it to promote
- Do pop-ups really work?
- Important things to know when it comes to pop-ups being Google-compliant or mobile friendly
- A couple other blogger FAQs when it comes to popups:
- Will they slow my site down?
- Are there any “ideal” settings in terms of pop-up timing and frequency?
- Different types of popups like time-based, scroll-based or ones based on exit-intent & which type works best
- Tips or advice for bloggers when it comes to growing their following on social